This Week at Babeville 7/23 07/23/14
Since the 1970 Jadav Payong has been planting trees in what was once barren land in India. His forest is now larger than Central Park. This short film about his work is both wonderful and inspiring so we thought we would share.
The little folksinger and her band are making sure their passports are ready for a European Tour this September. Tickets for all shows go on sale to the public on Friday, June 20. For the first time in years Ani will take the show to Spain, Italy, France, and the Netherlands before ending with a string of UK dates (sorry folks, there are no Germany stops on this trip). Visit the tour page for details!
This Week at Babeville 5/20 05/14/14
We stumbled upon this 1968 gem How To Be a Nonconformist by Elissa Jane Karg and fell in love. An excerpt is below.
WatchingWe discovered MUSIC & MEMORY℠ last week, which is an organization that helps elders in care facilities suffering from a wide range of cognitive and physical challenges find renewed meaning and connection in their lives through the gift of personalized music. The results are pretty amazing- just check out this video and see for yourself.
This Week at Babeville 4/15 03/28/14
Here at RBR headquarters we couldn't be happier to be finished with all of our year end accounting/inventory so we can get back to work on the new album! Now if the sun would just come out already we would be over the moon.
Here are some things we can't get enough of:
1. Dust & Grooves is a great place to read about impressive record collections and the stories behind the collectors.
2. We recently stumbled upon Trebird Buffalo and fell in love with all of the beautiful jewelry then we realized all of the pieces are made from old skateboards! Awesome!
This Week at Babeville 4/8 04/08/14
1. Reproductive rights are under attack across the country. The Louisiana House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed a bill that would restrict access to abortion services in the state last week (3/31), the bill is now headed to the Louisiana Senate . There are similar fights in Alabama, Georgia, Missouri and more…check out Thisispersonal.org to learn more and join the fight.
2. In case you missed it, Hamell on Trial released an album at the end of February. If you haven't heard it yet you can stream the entire album here. If you like what you hear and want to purchase the album or catch a show you can find all the details at http://hamellontrial.com/
3. Last week we had a visit from Fruition, a charming folk band from Portland. They were passing through Buffalo for a gig and dropped by to say hello and play us a song. We are so happy they introduced us to their music and made our day at the office. So if you have some time please check them out- we promise you wont be disappointed.